Will you help getting our robots built? As a Technical Buyer, you will be responsible for the procurement of standard and custom components and services for both the Flow projector and Autonomous Sorting Robots. In addition, partner management plays an important role in achieving success. There is a lot of room to shape the position as it is new in the organization.
Within our product line Movement we carry the two hardware products from Prime Vision, the Flow Projector and Robotic Sorting. In addition to various high-tech hardware components, these products also consist of a lot of self-developed software. Our projectors and robots contribute to cost reduction and a greatly improved (operational?) process for our customers around the world. The assembly of these products is currently being carried out with a partner.
- Project-oriented procurement of technical components and services;
- Independently perform the entire procurement process for new products and/or services for the complex and/or larger projects;
- Acting proactively and independently with respect to developing/improving the integral cost price and professionalizing the procurement function;
- Contracting suppliers at optimal conditions and recording agreements made;
- Good cooperation with all teams involved.
For the purpose of supplying our customers, you will work on a daily basis on the procurement and supplier management of our partners. Your daily duties will include:
- Selecting suppliers and building and maintaining partnership relationships. Researching different supply options in terms of quality, production capabilities, market and capacity developments, delivery reliability, standards and certification;
- Drafting and following up on purchasing contracts;
- Functional management of the operational purchasing and contribute to this yourself where necessary;
- Manage and/or optimize the supplier evaluation system;
- Negotiate and conclude short- and medium term contracts;
- Performing procurement market research including exploring both the Dutch and the international supplier market;
- Making make-or-buy decisions together with the Flow Projector and Robot Sorting Teams;
- Anticipating end-of-life of various components.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of room for personal development and many extras:An open and inclusive workspace with colleagues from more than 20 different nationalities.
- A globally oriented company with an equally global client base.
- A full range of digital tools will be at your disposal.
- Competitive salary.
- Company laptop and mobile phone of choice.
- Extra perks such as snacks and excellent coffee every day in our cozy Grand Café and get-togethers for drinks on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Training sessions by a personal trainer in our in-house gym.
- The possibility to work flexible hours.
- A profit-sharing scheme for all employees.
- The option to purchase additional vacation days on top of the 25 standard holiday allowance.
- You have relevant market knowledge and preferably have an extensive professional network among suppliers;
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in a similar position with demonstrable success;
- A higher professional education level, preferably supplemented with additional courses in the field of purchasing and/or logistics such as NEVI I and II;
- Crucial are your stakeholder management skills, so we expect you to be able to timely and correctly inform management and/or other teams and entities;
- All in all, we are therefore looking for an authentic personality with a high award factor and excellent communication skills (Dutch and English) both verbally and in writing.
In the context of corporate responsibility, Prime Vision as a company is particularly open to applications from people with a disability.
CONVINCED THIS JOB FITS YOU?
We would love to receive your resume and motivation letter or -video! Please send your application to HR at email@example.com.
The application process consists of 2 interviews and a Big Five personality test. We look forward to hearing from you.
Working for a top player in the field of logistics solutions
Prime Vision is one of the world’s best in the field of advanced solutions for the logistics industry. We create and support critical hardware and software solutions for our customers 24/7. This allows our customers in more than 25 countries to sort millions of parcels and letters day and night. We are proud of our international client portfolio including DHL, Bol.com, PostNL, Whistl, PostNord, Posti, Australian Air Express Startrack and DHL Hong Kong and Mexico.