Can you help us further professionalize our software platform by solving complex problems?
Our DevOps product team is responsible for an AWS serverless Internet of Things platform, tracking hundreds of thousands of devices. The system makes sure huge amounts of data (locations, sensor values, etc.) are harvested, truthened, filtered and consolidated in real time and made available to third parties. Typical objects for which tracking and harvesting is necessary are roll cages and vehicles. Key functionality of the tailor-made platform is the handling of time-series data of sensor values and events of the items that our customers wish to track. The platform contains interfaces with multiple systems, hardware and software, from Prime Vision and other suppliers. Amongst others, the platform collects data of different observation systems, makes decisions based on business logic, monitors its own performance, archives production data and delivers reports. The platform is hosted in the Amazon (AWS) cloud but maintains contact with physical devices such as gateways and beacons. Uptime and 24×7 availability is important, since this will serve as a key platform for capacity planning for our customers.
As a Software Engineer you will be contributing to the further professionalization and extension of our software. You will be solving complex problems with robust, efficient and reusable code. Continuously you and the team will deploy your software in test, acceptance and production in the AWS cloud using our CICD pipeline, supported by our QA process. You will also be giving technical support to our clients in case of questions and/or problems. You will work in an agile/scrum DevOps team with 4 to 5 developers and 1 or 2 QA engineers. Most of the work is project based, delivering tailor made systems directly to our customers.
The technologies we work with are C#/.NET (Microsoft stack in general), Python, AWS lambda’s, CDK (Cloud Development Kit), Cloud Formation and TypeScript. It goes without saying that the development will be done precisely and accurately. It is important that you are able to work within a team, having a mindset of making the platform better.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of room for personal development and many extras:
- A challenging technical job with lots of space for creativity.
- A dynamic working environment in a young company that belongs to the top of the world in its market.
- A very open and inclusive business culture with more than 20 different nationalities.
- A full range of digital tools will be at your disposal.
- Market conform salary.
- Extra perks such as snacks and excellent coffee every day in our cozy Grand Café.
- Training sessions by a personal trainer in our in-house gym.
- The possibility to work flexible hours.
- A profit-sharing scheme for all employees.
- The option to purchase additional vacation days on top of the 25 standard holiday allowance.
- Verifiable talent and affinity for the job of Software Engineer for tailor-made software
- Finalized HBO/University education
- Relevant work experience (minimal 2 years)
- Experience in the development of high-tech software (at least) C#/.NET or Python
- Experience with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with industrial, near real-time complex systems is an advantage
- Experience with modern serverless cloud setups and infrastructure as code is an advantage
- Experience with SVN or Git
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with design and development methods
- Good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
- Good knowledge of the Dutch language, both oral and written is an advantage
- Enthusiasm and skills to perform scrum master tasks such as chairing the daily standups is an advantage
In the context of corporate responsibility, Prime Vision as a company is particularly open to applications from people with a (physical) disability.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We invite you to convince us that you are the right candidate!
The application process will consist of 2 interviews and a Big Five personality test. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any issues sending via the form, please contact Peggy Ann Kosters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working for a top player in the field of logistics solutions
Prime Vision is one of the world’s best in the field of advanced solutions for the logistics industry. We create and support critical hardware and software solutions for our customers 24/7. This allows our customers in more than 25 countries to sort millions of parcels and letters day and night. We are proud of our international client portfolio including DHL, Bol.com, PostNL, Whistl, PostNord, Posti, Australian Air Express Startrack and DHL Hong Kong and Mexico.