You will work with customers all over the world to develop and integrate our tailor-made software. Together with your team, your goal is to continuously improve the software products.
Our agile/scrum product teams are responsible for the implementation of near real-time coding and sorting-decision (workflow) systems. These systems support the core of the sorting processes of major customers all over the world. The systems make sure the right data is received (either from barcodes, measurement systems, RFID, etc.), enriched (by machine learned OCR, Video-coding, smart algorithms) and sorted in the most efficient and smart way.
Typical objects for which data enrichment and sorting is needed are parcels, letters and airport luggage. The platform contains interfaces with multiple systems, hardware and software, from Prime Vision and other suppliers. Amongst others, the platform collects data of different data-enrichment modules, makes logical decisions to optimize the sorting process, monitors the performance, archives production data and delivers reports. The platform can be either hosted in a traditional server room or it can be deployed at one of the major cloud-service providers (Azure, AWS) or at an Edge platform. At all times, 24×7 service windows are required.
You will be contributing to the further professionalization and extension of our software. You will be solving complex problems with robust, efficient and reusable code. You make sure the software fits our product portfolio and generic feature roadmap. You will visit customers to help design new software or help integrating it. You will also be providing technical support to our clients in case of questions and/or problems. You will work in an agile/scrum team with 4 to 5 developers and 1 or 2 QA engineers.
You perform independently within a team of professionals. Precise and accurate work, being able to work in a team and the drive to make the platform better are essential in this job.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of room for personal development and many extras:
- An open and inclusive workspace with colleagues from more than 20 different nationalities.
- A globally oriented company with an equally global client base.
- A full range of digital tools will be at your disposal.
- Competitive salary.
- Company laptop and mobile phone of choice
- Extra perks such as snacks and excellent coffee every day in our cozy Grand Café.
- Weekly Thursday and Friday night drinks.
- Training sessions by a personal trainer in our in-house gym.
- The possibility to work flexible hours.
- A profit-sharing scheme for all employees.
- The option to purchase additional vacation days on top of the 25-day standard holiday allowance.
- Verifiable talent and affinity for the job of back-end Software Engineer
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- Relevant work experience (minimal 2 years)
- Experience in the development of (at least) C#/.NET Core backend applications
- Experience with messaging platforms/technologies such as Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Experience with container technology (i.e. Kubernetes)
- Experience with Git and/or SVN
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins, Nexus)
- You have a passion for automation and implementation of external tools to ease development work.
- Experience with industrial, near real-time complex systems is a prerequisite
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, SQL server and/or MongoDB
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both verbal and written
In the context of corporate responsibility, Prime Vision as a company is particularly open to applications from people with a disability.
CONVINCED THIS JOB FITS YOU?
We would love to receive your resume and motivation letter or -video! Please send your application to Peggy Ann Kosters at email@example.com.
The application process consists of 2 interviews and a Big Five personality test. We look forward to hearing from you.
Working for a top player in the field of logistics solutions
Prime Vision is one of the world’s best in the field of advanced solutions for the logistics industry. We create and support critical hardware and software solutions for our customers 24/7. This allows our customers in more than 25 countries to sort millions of parcels and letters day and night. We are proud of our international client portfolio including DHL, Bol.com, PostNL, Whistl, PostNord, Posti, Australian Air Express Startrack and DHL Hong Kong and Mexico.