In the role of Electrical & Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for the development of electrical & electronics components and solutions for Prime Vision robotic products.
You will collaborate closely with colleagues, partners and suppliers in various disciplines like robot core and control, path planning and navigation, mechanics, mechatronics, software/firmware, GUI and project management to generate detailed requirements, create concepts, evaluate different options, construct the electrical design, assist in the realization from prototype and testing, implementing improvements to product release. By bringing in your knowledge and sharing your expertise, you will contribute to the further growth of robotics department and the further expansion of the electrical/electronics competence within Prime Vision.
- Determine the detailed electrical & electronics system requirements, including safety regulations and certifications.
- Design electrical parts based on requirements.
- Construct electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Simulate and test electrical designs.
- Select electrical components and assist in the purchasing of these parts.
- Prepare assembly, installation, and test procedures for electronic components.
- Assist in the realization and testing of electrical prototypes.
- Troubleshoot on problems and implement design changes.
- Assist in the realization and testing of (electrical) subsystems.
- Identify (potential) problems and pro-actively work on improvements of electronic designs.
- Be the point of contact for colleagues with questions regarding electrical designs and components.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of room for personal development and many extras:
- An open and inclusive workspace with colleagues from more than 20 different nationalities.
- A globally oriented company with an equally global client base.
- A full range of digital tools will be at your disposal, such as a laptop and a smart phone of choice.
- A competitive salary.
- The possibility to work flexible hours.
- A profit-sharing scheme for all employees.
- The option to purchase additional vacation days on top of the 25 standard holiday allowance.
- Extra perks: a wide range of snacks and excellent coffee in our cozy Grand Café, options for chair massage, hairdresser, training sessions by a personal trainer in our in-house gym.
Key competences we appreciate you have:
- Passionate in your job: creative and ambitious.
- Self-starting: responsible, hands-on, flexible, problem solver.
- Loves to be challenged: analytic, precise, independent.
- Team player: customer-oriented, convincing.
Furthermore, you have the following qualities:
- At least an MSc. or BSE in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience with electrical layout & integration as electrical designer/developer in a high-tech systems environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of electrical and electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics and software, including pcb layout and schematics drawing and pcb routing.
- Familiar and comfortable with the uncertainty that comes with experimental and engineering challenges.
- Good communication- and report writing skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Programming experience (C++/Python) is a plus.
In the context of corporate responsibility, Prime Vision as a company is particularly open to applications from people with a (physical) disability.
HAVE YOU BECOME ENTHUSIASTIC?
We invite you to convince us that you are the right candidate!
The application process will consist of 2 interviews and a Big Five personality test. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any issues sending via the form, please contact Peggy Ann Kosters at email@example.com.
Working for a top player in the field of logistics solutions
Prime Vision is one of the world’s best in the field of advanced solutions for the logistics industry. We create and support critical hardware and software solutions for our customers 24/7. This allows our customers in more than 25 countries to sort millions of parcels and letters day and night. We are proud of our international client portfolio including DHL, Bol.com, PostNL, Whistl, PostNord, Posti, Australian Air Express Startrack and DHL Hong Kong and Mexico.